A Message from Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, Ahmed Hussen:
"As you know, for many, including for Indigenous families, childcare is a necessity. The Government of Canada is committed to promoting and investing in Indigenous-led early learning and child care to ensure all First Nations, Inuit and Métis children have the foundation they need to succeed in life.
Following our announcement of $9.25 million over two years in available funding, starting in 2021–22, I’m happy to launch a call for proposals for the Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Quality Improvement Projects. This call for proposals aims to provide support for new approaches to Indigenous governance, coordination and delivery of culturally appropriate early learning and child care.
Priority areas were identified through engagement with First Nations, Inuit and Métis partners. Based on their feedback, proposals should focus on the following key themes:
- development of a vision or framework for a high-quality, culturally appropriate early learning and child care system;
- activities to build and strengthen local child care licensing rules and procedures;
- actions to support ongoing education and training for early learning and child care leaders, management and staff; and
- new tools, curriculum or training to support staff working with children with special needs.
Additional consideration will also be given to projects that include partnerships with academic institutions or Indigenous organizations involved in skills and employment training.
I encourage Indigenous communities, governments and organizations that are interested in receiving federal funding to consult the applicant guide. The guide provides more information on eligibility and the steps to submit a proposal by email or by mail.
The deadline to submit a proposal is April 14 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Virtual information sessions in both official languages will be held on March 24 to help applicants apply. If you have any questions about this call for proposals or would like to register for a virtual information session, please email EDSC.AGJEA.PAQ-QIP.IELCC.ESDC@servicecanada.gc.ca . If you are registering for a virtual session, please indicate if you would like to attend in English or in French and if you have any requests for accommodations.
Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, Ahmed Hussen"
AIDP ASCD Provincial Office E-Newsletters
- AIDP/ASCD Spring E-News 2021
- AIDP/ASCD Winder E-News 2020
- AIDP/ASCD Fall E-News 2020
- 2020 AIDP ASCD Summer E-News
- 2020 AIDP ASCD Spring E-News
- 2019 AIDP ASCD Winter E-News
- 2019 AIDP ASCD Fall E-News
- 2019 AIDP ASCD Summer E-News
- 2019 AIDP ASCD Spring E-News
- 2018 AIDP ASCD Winter E-News
- 2018 AIDP ASCD Fall E-News
- 2017 AIDP ASCD Fall E-News
- 2017 AIDP ASCD Summer E-News
- 2017 AIDP ASCD Spring E-News
- 2016 AIDP ASCD Winter E-News
- 2016 AIDP ASCD Summer E-News
- 2016 AIDP ASCD Spring E-News
- 2015 ASCDP Connections E-news Spring
- 2015 AIDP ASCD Winter E-News
- 2015 AIDP ASCD Summer Enews
- 2015 AIDP ASCD Fall E-News